JOB TITLE: Messenger/Delivery Driver
DIRECT REPORT: Messenger Supervisor/Receiving Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Delivers and renders service on behalf of and for the John Bull Group of Companies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, but not limited to:
* Transports stock/merchandise to all John Bull locations.
* Collects checks, envelopes etc. on behalf of John Bull.
* Delivers parcels to private and government buildings.
* Collects and delivers containers to the different mail boats.
* Assists with hurricane and fire drill preparedness.
* Assists with securing John Bull Bay St. for Junkanoo.
* Obtains customer signature on receipts for pick up and delivery.
* Cleans and maintains company vehicles.
* Adheres to the John Bull Corporate values.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent communications skills.
* In good health/physical condition.
* Good driver with valid driver’s license.
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SATISFACTION
Along with our finest brands in the world, service and price we must go above and beyond to exceed our customer’s expectations
We are committed to absolute trustworthiness and incorruptibility – a firm adherence to both applicable laws and relevant moral standards
RESPECT FOR ALL PEOPLE
To be our best we must work in an environment of mutual respect. Everyone has value, regardless of gender, ethnic or educational background
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE
At John Bull we have a long history of doing most things in a first-class manner and are committed to achieve that level of performance in all aspects of our business.
TAKING CARE OF OUR PEOPLE
Our people are our business. The key then to being successful is creating an environment where all associates feel they are respected, valued and have equal access to growth and development opportunities.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
We exercise good judgment by “doing the right thing” instead of just “doing things right”. We strive to understand the impact of our decisions, and accept responsibility for our actions.
By submitting this application, I authorize my current employers, past employers, educational institutions and individuals and organizations named or referred to in this application to provide John Bull Ltd with references upon request in order to assist the company in deciding whether to employ me. I hereby release my former and current employers, my former educational institutions, and any individual or organization providing such a reference from any liability, damages, causes of action, complaint, or charges concerning the giving and receiving of such references, information, or opinions related to my employment.
I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application. I understand that misrepresentation or omission of facts called for is cause for dismissal. Further, I understand that and agree that, if hired, I will be on probation for six months during which time I may be terminated without any previous notice or severance pay in lieu of notice.