IT Projects Lead & Cybersecurity Engineer
John Bull Ltd is looking for an IT Projects lead & Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team in our data center in Nassau, Bahamas.
Under direction of the John Bull IT manager and/or the John Bull Technical manager, the John Bull IT Project Lead & Cybersecurity officer performs the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and execute information systems related projects.
- Budget information systems related projects.
- Advise and document resource requirements for IT related projects.
- Monitor and report on the progress of technology related projects.
- Plan, implement, monitor, and upgrade measures for the protection of company systems, and data.
- Troubleshoot network security problems.
- Develop and enable information security controls.
- Participate in change management process.
- Test and identify information systems vulnerabilities.
- Help develop training material and operations guides
- Perform daily administrative tasks associated with main duties and responsibilities.
- Provide IT support on some Saturdays, and evenings
- Provide extended hours support during projects, and busy seasons.
- Install/configure IT equipment.
- Repair/upgrade IT hardware/software
- Troubleshoot IT equipment.
- Provide IT Support to John Bull Group employees when required.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Degree or IT Certification (CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, MCSE, CEH and/or similar certification), along with a minimum of 3 years’ experience directly related to the main duties and responsibilities specified.
- Thorough understanding of project management fundamentals
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Proficient with project management software
- Experience with Firewalls (functionality and maintenance), Office 365 Security, VSX, and Endpoint Security
- Proficiency Power Shell.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with team members, customers, and vendors.
- Solid ability, and willingness to transfer knowledge and develop junior team members.
- Strict adherence to the John Bull Corporate Values and behavioral anchors at all times.
- Adheres to The John Bull Corporate values.
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SATISFACTION
Along with our finest brands in the world, service and price we must go above and beyond to exceed our customer’s expectations
We are committed to absolute trustworthiness and incorruptibility – a firm adherence to both applicable laws and relevant moral standards
RESPECT FOR ALL PEOPLE
To be our best we must work in an environment of mutual respect. Everyone has value, regardless of gender, ethnic or educational background
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE
At John Bull we have a long history of doing most things in a first-class manner and are committed to achieve that level of performance in all aspects of our business.
TAKING CARE OF OUR PEOPLE
Our people are our business. The key then to being successful is creating an environment where all associates feel they are respected, valued and have equal access to growth and development opportunities.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
We exercise good judgment by “doing the right thing” instead of just “doing things right”. We strive to understand the impact of our decisions, and accept responsibility for our actions.
By submitting this application, I authorize my current employers, past employers, educational institutions and individuals and organizations named or referred to in this application to provide John Bull Ltd with references upon request in order to assist the company in deciding whether to employ me. I hereby release my former and current employers, my former educational institutions, and any individual or organization providing such a reference from any liability, damages, causes of action, complaint, or charges concerning the giving and receiving of such references, information, or opinions related to my employment.
I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application. I understand that misrepresentation or omission of facts called for is cause for dismissal. Further, I understand that and agree that, if hired, I will be on probation for six months during which time I may be terminated without any previous notice or severance pay in lieu of notice.