JOB TITLE: Kitchen Steward/Driver
DIRECT REPORT: Commissary Supervisor/Manager
Primarily responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of equipment and designated spaces. This includes washing dishes, china ware, flatware, cutlery, crockery, kitchen vessels, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning and detailing equipment's etc. Maintains the kitchen, dish washing, cooling equipment and back area in an inspection-ready condition in accordance with local laws and company guidelines. Assist with deliveries as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following, but not limited to:
- Ensure the kitchen is clean, well maintained and organized at all times
- Ensure floors are dry and clean at all times
- Operate manual pot-washing and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards
- Adhere to all sanitation guidelines assist the Cooks and team members as and when necessary
- Collects and removes trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures
- Dispose of waste as per the company standards and adhere to waste removal guidelines
- Ensure waste bin and area is kept clean and tidy
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to include sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
- Cleans and maintains floors and walls in kitchen and dish washing area by following standard procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes and related service-ware following established procedures.
- Cleans large equipment as assigned, following established procedures.
- Consistently adheres to SDS (Safety Data Sheet) information related to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
- Knowledge and proficiency to operate industrial dish washers
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in good working order
- Check all chemical levels and inventory
- Wash, wipe, sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher
- Wash, wipe, sort, stack and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner
- If any breakages or chipped items found then remove them from circulation and update the breakage and inventory register
- Clean, sanitize and close workstations
- Uses and maintains all equipment's according to manufacturer and department guidelines
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the chief steward / stewarding manager
- Assist in manual lifting and stocking store room shelves as well as keeping store room clean
- Always maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Full Command of the English Language
* Team Player
* Excellent Time Management Skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent communication skills
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SATISFACTION
Along with our finest brands in the world, service and price we must go above and beyond to exceed our customer’s expectations
We are committed to absolute trustworthiness and incorruptibility – a firm adherence to both applicable laws and relevant moral standards
RESPECT FOR ALL PEOPLE
To be our best we must work in an environment of mutual respect. Everyone has value, regardless of gender, ethnic or educational background
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE
At John Bull we have a long history of doing most things in a first-class manner and are committed to achieve that level of performance in all aspects of our business.
TAKING CARE OF OUR PEOPLE
Our people are our business. The key then to being successful is creating an environment where all associates feel they are respected, valued and have equal access to growth and development opportunities.
DOING THE RIGHT THING
We exercise good judgment by “doing the right thing” instead of just “doing things right”. We strive to understand the impact of our decisions, and accept responsibility for our actions.
By submitting this application, I authorize my current employers, past employers, educational institutions and individuals and organizations named or referred to in this application to provide John Bull Ltd with references upon request in order to assist the company in deciding whether to employ me. I hereby release my former and current employers, my former educational institutions, and any individual or organization providing such a reference from any liability, damages, causes of action, complaint, or charges concerning the giving and receiving of such references, information, or opinions related to my employment.
I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application. I understand that misrepresentation or omission of facts called for is cause for dismissal. Further, I understand that and agree that, if hired, I will be on probation for six months during which time I may be terminated without any previous notice or severance pay in lieu of notice.