Coffee Cay Ltd. is looking for a Barista to join our team at Starbucks Bahamas. The Barista is a role where you will serve our customers making hot and cold drinks while providing legendary service. This could include coffee, tea, espresso drinks, frappuccinos and more as well as our delicious food items.
This person should have a positive attitude, be enthusiastic and enjoy working with all types of people. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills and prior experience working in the foodservice industry.
- Serve – Prepare hot and cold beverages, such as coffee, blended coffee, and tea, to customers while correctly customizing orders. Prepare and serve food and baked goods, including sandwiches, muffins, and bagels.
- Sell – Work with the customer by describing the details of the product and answer any questions they may have, such as dietary needs or known allergies.
- Clean and stock - Determine that all workstations are stocked with products needed. Clean and sanitize all work areas, restrooms and customer-seating areas.
- High School diploma or GED, or Bachelors Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to follow all safe food handling procedures and sanitation practices
- A good memory to manage multiple orders at the same time and recall faces, names, and preferences of frequent customers
- Ability to serve customers quickly, efficiently and kindly
- Ability to lift 15 pounds at a time
- Must be able to stand for long periods, bend, lift, and reach over your head
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and some holidays
About Coffee Cay Ltd:
Our mission is to establish Starbucks as the premier purveyor of the finest coffee in the world while maintaining our uncompromising principles as we grow. The following six guiding principles will help us measure the appropriateness of our decisions:
1. Provide a great work environment and treat each other with respect and dignity.
2. Embrace diversity as an essential component in the way we do business.
3. Apply the highest standards of excellence to the purchasing, roasting and fresh delivery of our coffee.
4. Develop enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time.
5. Contribute positively to our communities and our environment.
6. Recognize that profitability is essential to our future success.
By submitting this application, I authorize my current employers, past employers, educational institutions and individuals and organizations named or referred to in this application to provide John Bull Ltd with references upon request in order to assist the company in deciding whether to employ me. I hereby release my former and current employers, my former educational institutions, and any individual or organization providing such a reference from any liability, damages, causes of action, complaint, or charges concerning the giving and receiving of such references, information, or opinions related to my employment.
I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application. I understand that misrepresentation or omission of facts called for is cause for dismissal. Further, I understand that and agree that, if hired, I will be on probation for six months during which time I may be terminated without any previous notice or severance pay in lieu of notice.